Fundraising contributes to the school's ability to provide a diverse range of quality programs and also enhances an individual's sense of social responsibility.
- For the purpose of this policy, "fundraising activities" shall refer to school-based fundraising.
- For the purpose of this policy, "school-based fundraising" refers to all fundraising activities initiated and conducted by school staff or sanctioned student groups, under the approval of the Principal.
Aims to raise sufficient funds:
- to achieve the educational goals of the school
- for individual students involved in special events (such as elite overseas sporting/cultural events)
- for the wider community (to support events such as Cancer Council)
- All fund raising proposals must have prior approval from the Principal including fundraising by the Student Leadership Groups and must have a specific purpose.
- No individual fundraising is to occur separately from the process above, including the selling of chocolates and other confectionary or promotional items.
- Fundraising is to be accounted for in accordance with DEC policy audit requirements including the storage of cash.
- Fundraising will operate with consideration for the safety and security of all students with appropriate control mechanisms including appropriate ‘badging' to identify students to members of the public.
This policy will be reviewed regularly as part of the school's three-year review cycle.
This policy was last ratified by P and C in April 2014