All children enrolling at our school deserve a smooth transition that enables them to become part of our school with a minimum of disruption and maximum support.
The school's local area is determined by the Department of Education and Communities.
In accordance with the Education Reform Act (1900) the school will seek to ensure that eligible local students will have a place at Albion Park High School if he or she chooses to enrol at the school.
In an endeavour to create positive learning environments, Albion Park High School has determined the following policy to ensure that each student fulfils their potential.
To provide an efficient process of enrolment that satisfies the needs of both students and the school.
If your child does not currently attend a public school in NSW, you will need to complete the Moving into Year 7 in a NSW Government School form.
If you are applying as an Out of Area enrolment, please download the application form which you can find on the APHS webpage. http://www.albionpk-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/our-school/enrolment/enrolment-policy here?
Out of Area Application Form (docx 21 KB)
Out of Area Application Form (pdf 113 KB)
Verification of Local Residency:
For a student to be enrolled as an in area student, parents/carers will be asked to provide two of the following:
- Electricity Bill
- Gas Bill
- Water Rates
- Land Rates
- Proof of residential purchase
- Current Lease (must be 12 months lease)
- Drivers License
- All documents must be in the name of the enrolling parent/carer
- All documents must be originals
- All documents must be current (dated within the last three months)
- Personal references will not be considered
- The school recognises and follows the procedures outlined in the Enrolment of Students in Government Schools: A Summary and Consolidation of Policy (August 1997)
- A student is considered to be enrolled when they are added to ERN after all enrolment procedures/interviews have been completed and have been notified by staff.
- Returning a completed enrolment form is not an indication that enrolment has been accepted.
- The school recognises the importance of its position within the local community and the ease of transport when attending a local high school.
- Enrolment in Term 4 of any year will only be considered in special circumstances.
Out of Area Applications:
Albion Park High School receives a large number of out of area applications – particularly for Year 7 classes in any given year.
If there is space in the relevant year group, out of area applications will be considered by the relevant panel which consists of the Principal, Deputy Principal and delegates. Primary schools will be contacted to verify facts on the application form. Student's behaviour in primary school will be considered in this process.
Government High School Transfers:
Students from other government high schools, who are in area, will be required to provide a transfer certificate from their own local high school prior to enrolling at Albion Park High School. The transfer certificate can be submitted when parents/carers return the enrolment form.
Parents/Carers are required to first complete an enrolment enquiry form – available from the front office at the school. Once this form has been returned to the school with any relevant documentation, an interview will be scheduled with the Principal (out of area enquiries) or relevant Deputy Principal (in area enquiries).
Parents/ Carers/ Students are advised to bring any school reports, merit certificates or awards to this interview. If this interview is successful, Parents/ Carers will be provided with an information package for the relevant year. Uniform requirements and bell times will be outlined at this interview as well as the various subject options available.
- This policy will be reviewed as part of the school's three-year review cycle.
This policy was last ratified by P&C JAN 2017