The Park Performers Program
The Park Performers Program (PPP) is a program targeting students at APHS and its local community of primary schools who possess physical and sporting talent and prowess. The program aims to:
- Identify students who have physical ability/talent across a number of physical domains
- Provides opportunities for fitness and skill development in a range of sports through the formation of a specific Park Performers PE class in Year 7 and then following through in Year 8 with an extension PE class
- Provide a pathway for athletes to pursue representative honours and further challenge and extend themselves. Pathways for further development include:
- Participation in APHS competition sport teams
- Participation in CHS and All Schools knockout competitions
- Selection in Zone, Regional, CHS, NSW All Schools and National teams
Identification of students
Students will be identified in Year 6 through testing days to be held at Mt Terry and Albion Park Public schools in Term 3 of each year. Students from Tullimbar Public and out of area students will be asked to attend one of the days at Mt Terry or Albion Park. All students in Year 6 will have the opportunity to participate in the testing, whether they intend to enrol at Albion Park High School or not, so there is no need to apply to be part of the process. APHS students will run the primary school students through a range of fitness tests and these results will be collated by the incoming Park Performers class teacher to identify strengths and weaknesses. A class will them be formed in consultation with the APHS Year 6 Advisor and teachers from each of the primary schools.
Information will be given to Year 6 students at Albion Park, Mt Terry and Tullimbar Public schools early in Term 3.